Winter weather advisory for ice, snow in region

Please be cautious on the roads especially this morning.

The icy road conditions caused six accidents in Platte County. The silver lining for today's cold, damp, misty forecast is that we're expecting drier skies to move in throughout the day. The temperatures stay unseasonably cold as well until we get to the end of the week and weekend.

Overnight, there's a slight chance of drizzle after 4 a.m., patchy fog after 5 a.m., otherwise partly cloudy skies, a low around 32 and south winds at 10 to 15 miles per hour decreasing to 5 to 10 miles per hour after midnight.

The Weather Service said there's a 20 percent chance for snow after midnight Wednesday, a 60 percent chance for rain and snow Friday and Friday night, dropping to 20 percent Saturday. They will be brisk from 10 to 20 miles per hour.

More news: FBI says US man stole thumb of Chinese terracotta warrior statue

The NWS has put the entire listening area into a winter weather advisory again tonight from 9 p.m. until 9 a.m. Tuesday. The metro could see up to three-tenths of an inch of ice.

Wind is northeast at 20 km/h gusting to 40 in the evening.

Wednesday Night - Snow likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain before 3am, then a chance of freezing rain.

Emergency responders were called to at least one instance of a vehicle stuck in high water on Elgin Street just south of McGalliard Road mid-morning Monday, even after barricades had been set up earlier to keep cars out of the flooded section of roadway. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. Highs warm in the 40s. At this point no but rain will be on and off throughout the day. The sun comes back out Wednesday with highs in the 20s.

(Copyright © 2015. All Rights Reserved.)
 
Recommended

David Moyes wants Marko Arnautovic to maintain high levels
It was from his cross that Javier Hernandez nodded the home team in front seven minutes before half time, having earlier had one ruled out on a tight offside decision.

Mikaela Shiffrin waits again as women's slalom postponed
He said it was good to finally get the skiing underway after races were delayed for two days due to high winds. NPR's Melissa Block tweeted a video from the Olympic Village of a camera that shows the slalom course.

Facebook wants to be bigger than Big Brother with the Onavo VPN
It is indeed a VPN - a virtual private network - that securely tunnels all your traffic through Onavo's servers. While this app is now being pushed via Facebook iOS app, it's also available on Android Play Store.

How Trump's Refusal To Confront Russia May End Up Hurting Israel
The U.S. has accused the Syrian government of using chlorine gas or other chemical weapons on civilians in rebel enclaves. Both Turkey and Iran are anxious due to their Kurdish minorities, which have argued for independence in decades past.

Donald Trump's plan to privatize space station 'unrealistic' - ESA chief
Other companies, such as NanoRacks, which creates hardware and services, already has its products on the Space Station. President Barack Obama continued the transition to hire Boeing and SpaceX to fly astronauts to the station.

Gold for all! Team USA on a snowboard win streak
The miscategorized meal went over just fine, clearly, and it doesn't seem like Kim is hard to please when it comes to food. And she definitely lived up to the hype , snagging the gold medal and landing some awe-inspiring tricks.

Uber to introduce service across Japan by around 2020: CEO
Khosrowshahi noted that Japan's traditional taxi firms have failed to keep up with the technological advances. After years of little action, Japan's lackluster ride-hailing industry is suddenly seeing a lot of activity.

Denver-based Chipotle hires new CEO from Taco Bell
The burrito chain said Brian Niccol , who was most recently chief executive at Taco Bell , will start in the new role on 5 March. Steve Ells , founder and Chief Executive of Chipotle so far will become executive chairman.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Hands-on
Xiaomi has also developed PatchWall , an operating system for smart televisions to connect to set-top boxes of multiple kinds. Positive overall, but suggested Note 4 users to consider an upgrade to the Pro and not the Note 4 (Dont go for the Note 5).

Florida shooting 'the type of case the death penalty was designed for'
Rubio, who once served as Florida's House speaker, told Miami CBS affiliate WFOR that it's an "example of a state law" that could have helped prevent the Florida shooting.

Russian plane crashes near Moscow, killing 71 people - agencies
Rescuers have arrived at the site and found two bodies from the crashed plane, Russia's EMERCOM said. The Russian-made AN-148 was seven-years-old and was bought by the airline one year ago.

White House proposing to change how millions of Americans eat
The federal government proposes giving recipients less cash on their EBT card in exchange for a box of non-perishable food . These boxes would be filled with products using portions of what an individual would usually get via food stamps.

Why Everything Is Different For This Year's NBA All-Star Game
First things first, the players are ranked on how good they are right now - this isn't a list about who has the most potential. Bieber is no stranger to the All-Star Weekend, having won the MVP award in the 2011 celebrity game.

#Popcorn Moment- Mike Pence Lays In To The View!
I love Jesus, but he thinks Jesus tells him to say things", she said to the other contestants. Because, just like Vice President Pence, I too have heard the voice of God.

Suarez and Alba strikes give Barca win at stubborn Eibar
A second yellow card for Fabian Orellana in the 66th minute disrupted the rhythm and manager Jose Luis Mendilibar lost his temper. Atleti have grabbed 52 points from 23 games and are undefeated at the Wanda Metropolitano in La Liga this season.


More News

News
More News